Young professionals If you’re looking to be different from the rest of the crowd (including robots believed to be threatening our jobs) one of the most valuable qualities you can have is curiosity.
How can you demonstrate to employers that you’re interested? by reading frequently and then sharing your knowledge with your colleagues. I believe that reading anything from books to blogs can be a fantastic way to expand your knowledge however, business news is particularly beneficial to the career of an individual in a variety of ways:
1. You’ll be a success in your day-to-day job
Get a better understanding of what’s happening in your industry by staying up to date with the latest publications that pertain to your area of expertise. If you’re in a customer-facing job, it is a good idea to keep up with news regarding your clients. Take inspiration from other industries. An article on lean manufacturing could motivate you to improve the process of your firm. The possibilities for inspiration are unlimited if you’re able link the dots.
When looking to read an information blog in Nigeria head on over to our site…
2. Improve your business relationships
As young professionals, it may be difficult to believe that you have nothing to offer to the older people who you meet at social gatherings or within your own organization. If you share the latest news with these people you will be able to add the value of your article and establish connections. Make sure you share your thoughts, as well as provide reasons why you believe that the article is interesting to them.
3. You’ll be successful in your job search
If you are looking for employers, be aware of reports about companies expanding their workforces or moving into the area. If you learn that someone from your ideal company has was promoted then reach out and thank her. Find out about stories in the industry that you’re interested in so that you can be able to show your passion conducting an interview.
4. It is possible to visit two locations at the same time
Okay. Reading doesn’t help you transfer, but it will assist you in learning from events that you’re not physically able to attend. Journalists are often at events and give out details, quotes, and even presentations they have seen during the event.
5. You’ll get great business guidance
Make your own board of directors by reading articles and interviews from the people who have come before you. These types of articles will help you understand the different ways executives think and help you understand how to succeed. Be open to different viewpoints can provide you with new opportunities to your career.
These are excellent reasons to read, aren’t they? With so much information that is available in newspapers, magazines and on the web, how do you get the most value from your time?
* Use an aggregator , such as Feedly as well as Alltop. You can add specific websites, or search for a keywords such as client’s name, topic or industry. Action: Search for three websites relevant to your field then add them into an aggregater list or favorites list.
• Sign up for an app that allows you to bookmark your favorite articles such as Pocket and Flipboard. If you find an article, but don’t have the enough time for reading it, save the URL onto one of these websites for later access. If you’re like me, your collection could quickly grow overwhelming and you should only save the information you’re able to take the time to read. Take a moment to select one article that you saved this week and then share it with someone you’ve connected with.
* Create Google alerts for companies and names. Action: Set up a Google alert for a client you already have or a company you’re interested in for your job search.
Sign up to newsletters via email. Let someone else handle the curating. Crain’s Morning Report, The Skimm and The Hustle are excellent options as are many business organizations. are also publishing their own publications.
Set a date or time of the week when you can focus on reading. Find an hour that is convenient for you, and add it to your calendar. Step: Schedule a session to yourself over 20 mins to go through the articles you have saved.
Write about the subject. It’s true that this takes longer and effort, but it also makes you think and improves your credibility to people who read your writing. Step: Select an article that you find particularly fascinating and write a blog post on a website such as LinkedIn and Medium to share with your networks.
By being curious and putting in the time to study, absorb and then share the latest business news and information, you’ll make the right choice for your future career and.